Jaguar Diesel Engine Benefits
Jaguar diesel engines are among the most fuel efficient and cleanest powertrain options in the world. Diesel engines provide consumers with many driving benefits including improved fuel economy vs gas engines, impressive performance and environmental friendliness. There are plenty of diesel enthusiasts who remain loyal to this powertrain after experiencing the benefits first hand.
Recent media conversation around the cleanliness and relevance of diesel has potential customers questioning the benefits of diesel technology. As customers shop for their next vehicle, we would like to share proof points on how Jaguar diesel engines are designed to meet the needs of our consumer’s lifestyle and how they respect our environment.
- The EPA has approved all of our new fuel efficient diesel models, meaning they meet the most exacting clean emissions standards in the world.
- Jaguar offers 3 diesel models across the line-up, more so than any other luxury manufacturer. (Jaguar; XE, XF, F-Pace).
- Jaguar XE and XF both provide an impressive EPA certified rating of 42 mpg on the highway.
- The Jaguar diesel engine is amongst the cleanest in the world. Their pollutant emission levels (NOx, PM, PN) are comparable to the equivalent petrol engines.
- All Jaguar vehicles feature advanced Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) exhaust aftertreatment (DEF, commonly known as AdBlueTM) which helps reduce NOx emissions. Between 2004 and 2016 the Jaguar average worldwide NOx emissions have reduced by more than 90%.
- Highly efficient DPFs (Diesel Particulate Filters) capture 99.9% of all ultrafine particles.
“It’s a workhorse engine, with an even, steady pull through the rev range making a mostly agreeable grumble.” – Car and Drive Dec 2016 (XE)